Molloy University Credit Program

Registration is closed for the 2023-2024 school year.  Registration for the 2024-2025 school year will be available in October 2024.
No registrations will be accepted after the deadline. Students who miss the posted deadline will not be eligible for college credits.

STUDENTS MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN THE MOLLOY UNIVERSITY CREDIT COURSE THEY ARE SEEKING CREDIT FOR. Students cannot enroll for courses completed in previous years. A letter detailing the registration procedures was mailed home and emailed to eligible students and their parents. 
 Lynbrook High School courses eligible for Molloy University credit for the 2023-2024 school year are: 


LHS Course Name             Molloy University Course Code

AP JAVA                                  CSC 2350 LN (Java-Object Oriented Prog)

Calculus (AP Calculus not eligible)           MAT 2210 – (Calculus 1 - 4 credits)
College Algebra                           MAT 1160 LN (College Algebra & Trig)

Financial Markets                                       ECO 3150 LN (Money & Banking)
Journalism                            ENG 2330 LN (Intro to Newswriting)

Marine Science                     BIO 1510 LN (Marine Biology)

Pre-Calculus (AP Pre-Calculus not eligible)   MAT 1180 LN (Pre-Calculus)

Programming & App Design/Visual Basic      CSC 1030 LN (Visual Programming)

Intro to Psychology (AP Psych not eligible)    PSY 1110 LN (General Psychology)

Intro to Sociology                              SOC 1010 LN (Intro to Sociology)  

Statistics                                      MAT 1150 LN (Elementary Statistics)


The cost is $300 per course.  Payments are non-refundable. Registration is online at Molloy University: Molloy University High School Scholars Application.  Registration is open and will continue through February 15, 2024.  Molloy University will not accept registrations after the deadline. So, students who miss the deadline will not be eligible for college credits. 
 If you have any questions or problems when registering, please contact Molloy University directly:

Stephanie Povalitis
High School & Pre-College Coordinator
Molloy University

Molloy University High School Program - Frequently Asked Questions

How does the High School Scholars Program compare to the AP Program?
The High School Scholars Program at Molloy University awards credits based on the grade you earn for the work you accomplish during your course. Credits earned through the AP Program are dependent on the score achieved on a single examination.

Can I drop a course and get a refund?
No, High School Scholars Program courses are not eligible for refunds.

Is there financial aid available?
The High School Scholars Program tuition is already greatly discounted from on-campus rates. Therefore, no other financial aid is available through Molloy University for participating students.

How can I find out my grade in a course?
Reach out to your high school guidance counselor or teacher to find out the grade you received in the course and use our conversion chart listed below.

Will my High School Scholars Program grades affect my GPA at the college I eventually attend?
Most institutions do not factor course grades for transfer credit into a student’s GPA. However, the grade you earn in your course is part of your permanent record at Molloy University and will count toward your GPA if you attend Molloy University. If you are concerned about your grades earned in the High School Scholars Program, you should contact the Admissions Office at the college/university you plan to attend for more information.

What is Molloy University’s grading policy?
All students must be assigned letter grades. The following grade conversion chart is generally used to transfer numerical marks to letter grades:

A 93.0-100
A- 90.0-92.9
B+ 87.0-89.9
B 83.0-86.9
B- 80.0-82.9
C+ 77.0-79.9
C 73.0-76.9
C- 70.0-72.9
D+ 67.0-69.9
D 60.0-66.9
F Below 60.0

How do I request my Molloy University transcript?

Please use the link below to request your transcript from Molloy University: 

You can also contact our Registrar's Office at 516-323-4300.
Can I transfer Molloy University credits to other schools?
Please keep in mind that credit transfer practices vary by school. Colleges and Universities that accept college credits earned through a high school program will accept Molloy University credits. Students may receive elective credits, advanced standing placement, requirement waivers, or a combination of the aforementioned. Most colleges require a minimum grade of “C” or better. We highly recommend that students directly contact colleges for information on transfer credit policies.